Monday, September 1, 2008

A New Day



If you have made your way over here to my new blog site, then you must be wondering why I left my old place. I was blogging on the Manilow Network. Yes, I am a Barry Manilow fan. Proud to be one. Sorry to say, I’m not so proud of some fellow fans. On the Manilow Network, I met a lot of wonderful folks. People I hope to be able to stay in contact with and grow our friendship. However, there are quite a few people over there that have what I consider to be delusion thinking. Now they can be as delusional as they want but the problem I have with it all is the lies and insisting that everyone be converted to their way of thinking. In order to do that converting, they must keep things stirred up all the time. Add to that, the intolerance of it all and it’s a mix I want no part of. Clear thinking, common sense, and manners go clear out the window. Life is too valuable to waste on that kind of junk. Or at least mine is.


The stuff about the Vegas shows really exposed the lack of respect and honestly shown by a group of people over on the Network. Insisting that everyone who didn’t say what they deemed “positive” things about the run of the shows last week was not a fan, or lying, or personally attacking Barry sounds like the beginnings of a cult to me. The Postivees have the right to express their opinions but so do other people. I saw nothing negative about the reviews I read. Some show goers were disappointed. The show was not what they expected. Expressing their views is as much their right as it is for the Postivees to express theirs. It went beyond that. The Postivees lied about what was written. This need to convert or vilify anyone who does not agree with them is not acceptable behavior. I chose not to join their cult or have to listen to it. A good, honest, well-rounded review is better than delusional rantings any day. If lying has to be done to prove a point, there wasn’t a point to begin with, was there?


Today is September 1st. Summer is over. It is a very important Manilow anniversary for me. (Hint- think Beach!! As in Myrtle.) It’s a great time to start over. A new day. So here is my new blog. It will deal with more than Manilow stuff. If you want to read what I write about all sorts of things, come back over and join me. I am still setting this up but I think my email address will show up on the blog page. I hope to keep in touch with all the good friends I made on the Manilow Network. I can still drop by over there and read. I chose not to be a part of that community for the time being. Never say never. I have little hope that it’ll change but there’s always a chance. Time to move forward.


Photo by S.Chambless used by permission

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Though I missed what all was going on due to vertigo and a long bout of it once again. I am glad you are still blogging somewhere. Keep me informed as usual.
Happy Labor Day to you, Steve, Josh and Paul.
Love Ya,
Georgeann

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue, I am sorry that happened to you. This is why I am a lurker. I fully understand how you feel. I will enjoy reading what you have to share here. I think you are one of the few rational fans that I have come to enjoy. C

Terry said...

Sue: You're to be congratulated on escaping the cesspool. I'll probably shut down my page after awhile. I don't go to any other pages over there so what's the point even being a member?

BTW, did you get the email I sent you?

Anonymous said...

Yes Sue, I was remembering Myrtle Beach 96 too...Seems like so long ago but at the same time it seems like yesterday.... I have to agree with you. Not everyone is as loyal and devoted to Barry as some... People just don't understand the loyalty his fans feel for him...

Christine

you begin again.... said...

Welp, at least your blog posts are still there - mind if I answer them over there when I get out from under my usual August/early September workload? We can re-post them on each others regular blogs too if you like.

MUAH!
-YBA

DGosselin said...

Sue, I'm sorry that happened to you. This is why I no longer actively participate in the Manilow world. Life is just too short. But please keep blogging...I enjoy reading them.

Anonymous said...

Hey,Sue. Thak you for all the wonderful blogs and i'm glad you're going to keep posting them. I'm going to keep reading them! And thank you for being one of the first ones to welcome me to the site. Although no one has attacked me personaly, i'm tired of all the kindergarten crap. I don't know how much longer I will be on the site.I will probably just stay on to watch videos or look at pictures. But thanks again, sue. You are an intelligent, articulate lady. Take care and God Bless.

Terrie Fox

Terry said...

After yet another mind-numbingly stupid comment from yet another tin-plated dictator on MMN, I have no changed my settings so that only my "friends" can comment.

It's no wonder so much of the media thinks Barry Manilow is a joke. I can't believe that an intelligent man like Mr. Manilow wants his public image to be set by a bunch of puerile, jack-booting thugs.