Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Simply Having


I had a wonderful Christmas. It wasn’t about stuff- you know, what presents I got. Not to say I didn’t get great presents; I did. No, this was more about being together with my family. When I was a kid Christmas was all about getting. Getting that present I longed for day after day. As time went on it became about finding the right gift for people I loved. Then children came along and Christmas was all about them. Childhood relived through a child’s joy.


This year was different. Having both of my sons home for Christmas was better than any gift. Now that they are grown and living in another state, I always think the Christmas will come when we won’t all be together. That hasn’t happen yet but I still cherish every Christmas we are together.


Times are hard for people right now. Problems? We all have them. For a couple of days it was great to put daily problems on the back burner; to enjoy being with the people I love. That’s what life is all about isn’t it?

No comments: