Saturday, June 20, 2009

Endless Possibilities


My youngest son, Paul, visited his Dad and me last week. Both of my sons live in another state and their careers keep them on the road a lot. It is wonderful when whatever they are working comes close enough to us to spend time together. Most of the time we travel a couple of hours to see them but Paul was in a town only about thirty minutes away. He was even able to spend one night with us.


This was made extra special by the fact it was the week before Father’s day. My boys are Daddy’s boys; always have been. Why shouldn’t they be? They have a wonderful Dad. Paul even bought us a present- a GPS. That has been great. I can’t wait to use it on a trip.


Speaking of trips, one night we went over to watch Paul work. He is a sound engineer. This summer he is doing Christian youth camps for Student Life. The people who work with teen-agers in church youth groups are very special. Too much drama and hormones for me. Then add in the wild tale told by the lead singer of the band performing at the camp and it makes for one interesting evening.



Seeing Paul do the job he loves was the best part. He had to struggle to get where he is today but life is getting better for him all the time. I always knew he would overcome his problems because Paul is a strong person. At this point in his life, I think he is beginning to discover his strength.



Paul left yesterday. After this gig is over in August, he’ll be working with his older brother in the fall. I hope that tour comes close enough for us to go. If not, we won’t see Paul again until maybe Thanksgiving or Christmas. We keep up by phone and computer. I am so proud to see and know Paul as the person he has grown up to be. I have been so blessed to have been a part of the amazing journey of Paul’s life. I can’t wait to see what else he’ll do. With his talent and strength, the possibilities are endless.

No comments: